[Scribus] Maintaining text with scribus

Asif Lodhi asif.lodhi
Tue Jun 13 23:44:05 CEST 2006

Hi Greg,

On 6/13/06, Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com> wrote:
> What I meant was that, since Scribus does not (yet) have an internal
> spell-checker ...................................

I think it would be great if the developers could provide us users
some kind of an object-based programming model
(scriptable/programmable) for Scribus like all MS-Word, Excel, etc. do
by providing VBA-based object-models "with programmable events" so
that you can write event-handlers, for example, when a document is
saved in Microsoft Word, and so on.

An object-model based on Python would be just great - event-points
(story_editor-story-is being-copied-to-the-text-frame,
.sla-file-is-being-saved, font-is-going-to-change, etc.) will have to
be carefully identified and exposed though.

Also, what do you think about the idea of having the story-editor
facility as a configurable option instead?  I mean the users being
able to configure the editor of their choice as "the Scribus'
Story-Editor" so that they get to edit their text in their favorite
editors with all the facilities they want - that is, their favorite
editor pops-up when they select the Scribus' story editor option.

Just my two bits.

--
Best regards,

Asif