[Scribus] Scribus 1.3.3.2 on Fedora Core 5 - Build your own RPM

Calum Polwart scribus
Mon Jun 12 18:58:32 CEST 2006

On Mon, 2006-06-12 at 16:56 +0200, Sean Carlos wrote:

> For users of Fedora Core 5, Scribus 1.3.3.2 can be packaged as an RPM,
> facilitating later upgrades.  I've documented the process that "works
> for me" here:
>
> http://www.antezeta.com/linux/scribus.html
>
> I cannot yet vouch for 1.3.3.2 usage and stability on FC 5; I did
> successfully use 1.3.3.1 on FC 5.

Perhaps I have missed something?  How does packaging as an RPM help
upgrades unless they are coming packaged as an RPM also?  In other words
if yum etc can update it then that's great but you'll not get 1.3.3.2 on
yum (or 1.3.3.3 which is what you really need if its an upgrade!) so
when [if] 1.3.3.3 is released you'd still need to create your own RPM,
in which case why not just compile it??

I welcome your explanation - its probably that I still don't understand
RPMs etc like I should..

Calum