[Scribus] Key bug

Helge Hielscher hhielscher
Sat Jun 10 17:31:59 CEST 2006

On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 11:16:21 -0400, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> Helge Hielscher wrote:
>
>> *using the compose key. e.g. hold Compose and type o + ^
>>
> I don't even know what a compose key is...

Wikipedia is your friend: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compose_key

It is quite easy to define a compose key (if your distribution
has not set up a key for you). You don't need to change your x.org
config file. You can change the keys with the setxkbmap tool or a GUI
frontend like the KDE Keyboard Tool kxkb:
http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/kdebase/kxkb/xkboptions-config.html

> When I used Amigas years ago, they had a system that worked like the
> deadkey but didn't involve losing a printable character to do it.

Care to explain how it worked?

Regards,
Helge