[Scribus] Key bug

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sat Jun 10 17:16:21 CEST 2006

Helge Hielscher wrote:
> IMHO there are enough ways to enter special characters with
> the keyboard:
> *ISO 14755 with F12+hexcode: F12 + f + 4 (+spaces) gives ?

I don't think hexcodes will ever be a useful solution -- too many to
remember.
> *keyboard layouts with dead keys enabled: ^ +  o gives ?

I tried deadkeys for a while, but if you're not using accented
characters much, it gets annoying to double type the dead key to get its
original character.
> *using the compose key. e.g. hold Compose and type o + ^

I don't even know what a compose key is...

When I used Amigas years ago, they had a system that worked like the
deadkey but didn't involve losing a printable character to do it.

Greg