[Scribus] AND operation

avox avox
Fri Jun 9 17:46:18 CEST 2006

Matthijs Zwinderman wrote:

> And Andreas, where can I get that version (the 1.3.4cvs-version)?
> (because that also sounds promising)

You have to checkout from anonymous cvs, described here:
http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&page=install1

First install the newest cairo, at least 1.1.6 or 1.1.8. Download from here:
http://www.cairographics.org/download

You should probably download from git since both cairo & Scribus are
developing
at a fast pace in this area.

Then configure Scribus as "make -f Makefile.cvs; ./configure --with-cairo
..." or
"cmake -DWANT_CAIRO=1" (depending on what build system you want to use)

and build.

This is only true for Linux/Unix though. Cairo isn't supported for
Scribus/Aqua yet
and for Scribus/Win32 you'd have to wait till the first snapshot is
available.

/Andreas

P.S.
In fact I just mentioned this because I didn't want the discussion to drift
to other products only :-) Normal users will have to wait a little until
this
feature becomes stable enough.