[Scribus] AND operation

Adrianna Pinska adrianna.pinska
Fri Jun 9 13:21:25 CEST 2006

On 6/8/06, Matthijs Zwinderman <mzwinderman at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All!
>
> I've got a question, I would like to have an area filled with text,
> where you can see a logo in the text.
>
> The text should be black everywhere, but white at those points where
> it intersects with the logo. The logo itself should not be printed!

I haven't actually tried this, so I'm not 100% sure how well it will
work, but how about:

1. Saving the white silhouette of the logo (with a nice smooth edge)
as a PNG with transparent background (assuming you have the logo as a
picture on a background, you can do this in GIMP)

2.  Putting the PNG in a picture box with a transparent background

3. Putting the box over the box with the text (*without* making the
text wrap around the box).

This way you can still change the text, move the logo around, etc.

I remember that PNGs with transparency are definitely transparent when
you put them over other pictures; I can't remember if I ever tried
putting them over text.

--
~ Registered Linux User #334504 ~
"Curiously deep, the slumber of crimson thoughts: