[Scribus] AND operation

Janet Hawtin lucychili
Fri Jun 9 00:37:00 CEST 2006

On 6/9/06, Jurgen Gaeremyn <jurgen.gaeremyn at pandora.be> wrote:

> Anyhow, in Inkscape you could place your text... invert the text and use
> that inverted text as "pattern" to fill the logo.
> It's not really and "and" function" but the result is equal.

If the text was made into paths you could use the intersection and
exclusion processes.  Use one copies of the paths in partnership with
one copies of the logo to get the outside. Use one copy of the logo
and the text as paths to get the logo shape. Which is probably what
Jurgen is saying as you would then invert the colour of one of the
blobs you create. I have not tried this with a body of text instead of
a shape but the principle is the same.

I would keep a copy of the editable text in position with the logo in
a backup file for inevitable rewangles. =)

Janet