[Scribus] alignment functionality

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Wed Jun 7 19:58:01 CEST 2006

Cedric Sagne wrote:
> All,
>
> After thoroughly checking for alignment, I am asking if anyone was
> more lucky and managed to find it.
>
> Aligning to a grid or guides is obviously possible (as discussed in
> centered alignment - defining a guide, and centering objects around it
> , skewer style, which would be very suitable for objects of different
> widths.
> I am thinking specifically (if someone knows what I mean) of alignment
> functionalities in Macromedia Flash.
One thing to keep in mind is the math capability of the various numeric
requestors in Properties.
For example, say you wanted to center a series of frames on a 300pt
vertical marker, with a frame that is 145.55pts wide. For the
X-position, type in 300 - 145/2, then press Enter -- Scribus calculates
for you where the upper left hand corner should be. An advantage of this
is that you can center on a vertical line anywhere on the page, not just
in the middle.

Greg