[Scribus] Changing several frames size but not the text

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Wed Jun 7 19:10:01 CEST 2006

tomacigale wrote:
> Gregory Pittman wrote:
>
>> tomacigale wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Is there a way to avoid to change text size when resizing several text
>>> frames at a time? For example, if I select two text frames with text in
>>> it,
>>> then I change their width, then the text size changes also.
>>>
>>> I just want my text to keep their size (defined in paragraph style)...
>>>

>> I'm not sure if I know what you mean...are you grouping them? That's the
>> only way I can select two frames at once with my 1.3.3.2 on WinXP.
>> After that, I can resize the frames any way I want without affecting the
>> font size.
>>

> Hi,
>
> no, I don't want to group the frames, I just modify two or three at a time
> (for example : changing the row height in a table).
>
> To reproduce the issue, follow these steps:
> 1) Create two text frames (for exemple X:20 Y:20 W:20 H:20 and X:50 Y:20
> W:20 H:20)
> 2) type some text in the two frames
> 3) select the frames ([click and drag] or [click and <shift key> + click])
> 4) Change H from 20 to 50.
> 5) The text size has changed. (see picture attached)

Hmm. It looks like this is some special kind of mode -- not sure what
the purpose of double-selecting frames is supposed to be. There may be
some malfunction in height adjustment, since I note that I can't even
adjust height with the mouse, but can adjust width.

At any rate, to stop this nasty behavior, unlink the width:height in the
XYZ tab (the chain icon) -- that stopped it for me.

Perhaps someone else on the list knows what shift-clicking is supposed
to do or be for...

Greg