[Scribus] Scribus 1.3.3.x is available for all arches in Debian main

Oleksandr Moskalenko malex
Wed Jun 7 02:17:18 CEST 2006

* John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> [2006-06-06 12:00:52 -0700]:

> On Tue, 6 Jun 2006 11:30:54 -0600
> Oleksandr Moskalenko <malex at tagancha.org> dijo:
>
> > I think this news will be of interest to people who run Scribus on non-i386
> > architectures. Scribus 1.3.x (scribus-ng package) has been accepted into the
> > Debian main archive yesterday. This means that you can get a binary package
> > for your arch now without having to build from a source package yoursel, if
> > the arch is supported by Debian of course. So, forget about building from the
> > source package and enjoy life even more :). The current package version is
> > 1.3.3.1, but I am in the process of uploading a 1.3.3.2 update, which should
> > be available for installation in a couple of days once autobuilders are
> > through with it. Of course you can get the 1.3.3.2 binary i386 package and the
> > source package from our repositories on scribus.net and tagancha.org right now
> > if you need to. And, as usual, you can run 1.2.x (scribus) and 1.3.x
> > (scribus-ng) side-by-side without problems.
>
> I'm not a Linux expert. I have Ubuntu-64 Breezy on AMD-64 computer. Does
> this mean that 1.3.3.1 should be listed now in the Synaptic apt-get manager?
> (I just have the standard repositories listed.)

John,

Ubuntu usually follows the Debian archive for such packages like scribus. I
expect that scribus-ng will be made available from the regular Ubuntu
repositories shortly. Then,  you will see it in the synaptic as a binary
package. In the meanwhile please continue building from the source package
from one of our upstream repositories following the short procedure described
on debian.scribus.net.

Regards,

Alex.