[Scribus] Hybrid pdfs

PLinnell mrdocs
Tue Jun 6 23:00:48 CEST 2006

Christoph Sch?fer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I recently read about an interesting feature of Papyrus Office in
c't  magazine. Papyrus can export hybrid PDFs that save the editable
(*.pap, I  think) application file in the PDF. Any PDF displaying or
processing program will ignore this "appendix" and use the PDF data
only, while Papyrus users  still can edit the hybrid PDF (the
appended file).
> I have no idea how risky these files are in printing workflows, but
I'd be  interested what others, especially our PDF magicians, think
about it.

> Cheers,
>
> Christoph

Hi,

I think in theory it could be done via 'optional content' in PDF 1.5.

What this would require is a special file loader plugin in Scribus to
open the PDF and grab the content.

However, a Scribus file alone without fonts and images and other
artwork is really not useful in many use cases. For a text oriented
doc, I can see some utility.

Cheers,
Peter