[Scribus] Collaborative publishing using wiki and Scribus

Le Tigre scribus
Sun Jun 4 20:32:50 CEST 2006

Louis Desjardins a ?crit :
>>>Le Tigre wrote:
>

> [snip]
>

>>> About export: I'm always doing:
>>>
>>> step 1: select & copy
>>> step 2: select this text in Klipper (Kde)
>>> step 3: past in Scribus
>>>
>>> The good thing with the text import is when you want to keep all the
>>> italics, bold, etc. In this case, it doesn't work because it's a txt
>>> file, so I don't really see the interest.
>>>
>>> Anyway, that kind of wiki organisation is quite interesting.
>>> I need to use French for the following (how we try to have a workflow
>>> util for Le Tigre), because it'll be a bit technical and too complicated
>>> for me in English.
>>>
>>> Pour faire le journal, nous recherchons un outil de ce type qui
>>> permettrait de travailler en type "workflow": la g?n?ralisation du
>>> haut-d?bit permettrait cela.
>>> Mais il faudrait pour que ?a fonctionne bien:
>>> - que les auteurs travaillent sur de vrais traitements de texte
>>> d?centralis?, du type Writely, qui permet d'avoir une mise en forme (et
>>> d'importer depuis des documents Word ou Openoffice, ce qui peut ?tre
>>> utile pour les auteurs qui travaillent d'abord en local)
>>> - et donc que ces traitement de texte soient absolument fiables et
>>> rapides d'utilisation (j'exclus donc tous les wikis par principe, ?
>>> cause des codes n?cessaires pour faire des ital)
>>> - qu'il y ait un syst?me de validation du texte: texte pr?t ? ?tre
>>> corrig?, texte corrig?, texte mis en page
>>> - que l'export se fasse facilement, d'un texte avec enrichissements vers
>>> Scribus (tr?s important: pour ne pas avoir ? remettre des italiques partout)
>>>
>>> Pour l'instant, je doute que cela existe.
>>> On utilise donc un syst?me bricol?, avec un site spip o? les auteurs
>>> d?posent leurs textes en fichiers joints et selon le surtitre qu'ils
>>> donnent ? l'article, on voit (code couleur) si c'est une pr?vision, si
>>> c'est en ligne, si c'est corrig?.
>>> Ensuite on r?cup?re le fichier texte (rtf ou sxw, odt) et on fait
>>> l'import dans Scribus.
>>>
>>> A moi de vous demander si vous avez des id?es ou des commentaires sur ce
>>> modus operandi.
>>>
>>>Raphael
>

>>Another straightforward way to transfer from a wiki to Scribus would be
>>to view the Wiki in a browser, View > Source, copy the HTML to Scribus.
>>
>>Greg
>

> Raphael raises 2 main points (among others).
>
> 1. Text enrichment needs to be at the writer's end and transfer of
> italics and bolds into Scribus without the need for re-putting
> italics is compulsory. (I agree. My comment : It's a time consuming
> and not error-free operation. Not really what one would expect from a
> workflow.)
>
> 2. Use of a real WP because of the efficient way to enrich text. Plus
> other considerations such as people working first "locally" or if you
> need to import from other documents of other formats. Raphael
> excludes wiki from the start because of the necessity of codes to get
> [...]
I just began a try with Writely: Louis, I sent you a mail in order to
let you test the online-WP - then we'll see if the export to Scribus works.
And then, remains the licence problem: Writely is free (for the moment),
but not opensource.

About the last ?: a online-WP like Writely is useful because it can be
used for texts absolutely closed, and for texts that people have to
write together. For "Le Tigre", we have that kind of need: somebody
begins a text, and somebody else finishes it. And we have to do that
very quickly.

Raphael

Raphael