[Scribus] Inkscape and Gimp

momo momo
Fri Jun 2 15:53:01 CEST 2006

> Well, Gimp2 with the separate plugin produces quite good CMYK pictures.
> I previously had to work with Photoshop for CMYK conversion, and now I
> go directly through Gimp/separate. Do you think this method has drwbacks?
>
> I agree with Luois that "ashamed" is not a right term to use talking
> about open source developpers.
>
> Marc

Hi,

If you're talking about this plugin
http://www.blackfiveservices.co.uk/separate.shtml , well it's not very
usable since it doesn't really convert the bitmap into CMYK color space.
What it does is converting an RGB bitmap to separate CMYK layers. You cannot
use them further (like placing the bitmap into Scribus for further work) and
you cannot really have control over the colors. It's then unusable for
professional work.

Mo.