[Scribus] piechart.py on the Wiki

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Fri Jun 2 03:08:41 CEST 2006

I've made a new Wiki page about piechart.py:

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Making_a_Pie_Chart

It might be subtitled "The Making of piechart.py", since it gives an
explanation of SVG encoding (and the trigonometry) for creating arcs,
and ultimately creating a piechart.

There is a curious feature that I note when subsequently editing the
piechart SVG's in Scribus. I don't know if anyone else has seen this,
but since I can't find any bug filed, I will do so.

When you edit the piecharts, and this might simply consist of ungrouping
the SVG, but other things like changing line color also trigger the SVG
to be duplicated, which you only realize when you move the original or
parts of it. And not a consistent number -- maybe just one copy, maybe more.

Very strange.

Greg