[Scribus] Inkscape and Gimp

momo momo
Fri Jun 2 15:22:42 CEST 2006

On Friday 02 June 2006 03:43, pixelnate wrote:
> >> I think it would be a great feature if scribus could import directly
> >> from Inkscape and Gimp as happens to Adobe applications. Some kind of
> >> interativity among the programs.
> >> S?lvio
>
> Another great feature would be cmyk support in both programs, also like
> in the Adobe Creative Suite. I would much rather see that happen than to
> get a 'smart objects' feature in each.
Wouldn't we all, but note:-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pantone
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/5283671.html

Which mean that you will have to offer those additions as patches delivered
from a Free World country.

It's the Intellectual Property Dictatorship which should be ashamed of
itself, not some poor little, law abiding, FLOSS author.

--
CS

Hi,

You're right when speaking of Pantone, RAL, TOYO or other proprietary spot
color specifications (calling them CMYK colors mixes is even more
adequate...). But CMYK, LAB or CMY are color spaces and are NOT proprietary,
so this argument doesn't fit here...

Regards,

Mourad Mokrane
Art director