[Scribus] Collaborative publishing using wiki and Scribus

Louis Desjardins louisdesjardins
Fri Jun 2 03:57:39 CEST 2006

>Louis Desjardins wrote:
>>  Once the text receives its "ok to print" label, whoever is in charge
>>  of the layout exports the text from the wiki to a .txt format and
>>  imports it into Scribus. He explained that this requires a bit of
>>  code to make this export function work from the wiki.
>Well, if all you want to do is to export to .txt, how about just opening
>the page in a browser, highlighting the text with the mouse, press
>Ctrl-C, go to Kedit (or similar) and press Ctrl-V (or Emacs and Ctrl-Y)?
>That's how I export a wiki page to .txt.

Wiki with .txt export button
Step 1. Export text (save file)
Step 2. Import text into Scribus

Wiki without .txt export button
Step 1. Select and Copy text
Step 2. Paste into Kedit or Emacs or... even OO.org
Step 3. Save file
Step 4. Import text into Scribus

But anyway, you're right, it could be done the way you describe. I
think the most interesting part of the process is the collaborative
work the wiki allows. The rest is really up to the users. Going from
wiki to Scribus is straightforward though.

Louis