[Scribus] Inkscape and Gimp

momo momo
Thu Jun 1 21:26:14 CEST 2006

>>Another great feature would be cmyk support in both programs, also like
>>in the Adobe Creative Suite. I would much rather see that happen than to
>>get a 'smart objects' feature in each.
>>
>>~Nate

I agree with that, CMYK should be a priority when speaking of prepress. GIMP
or Inkscape are almost unusable for prepress until today since they don't
work with CMYK. In Inkscape the CMYK color model support is planned for a
future release (SVG 1.2 specification i think...).

GIMP developers should be ashamed because they focused on "interesting" and
"funny" functions rather than developing the functionallity needed for
professional work. Because of that, GIMP is not used by professionals, has a
weird usability and will never make it in the professional world. I'd rather
turn my eyes on Krita, a very promising image editing software that WILL
have CMYK support.

Regards,

Mourad Mokrane
Lumen Design Studio