[Scribus] Again: Tutorial

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Sat Jul 29 17:25:56 CEST 2006

Am Samstag, 29. Juli 2006 12:06 schrieb Peter Nermander:
> I really can't believe everybody is discussing the content of the document
> to be used in the tutorial. As I see it it is totally irrelevant.
>
> Someone draw a design example (or several) in a drawing program. Just
> pictures of how it is supposed to look. Then write a tutorial on how to
> acheive that design with Scribus. People can even draw designs and ask if
> someone else can tell how to acheive such a layout.
>
> Then we can supply sample content to be inserted into the design, there can
> be several archives with content. They will all have the same number of
> text files (of approximately ythe same size) and images and the used can
> choose which ones to insert into the tutorial design. And teachers can even
> make their own content for students to use.
>
> We just have to decide on some key properties of the designs: number and
> (approximate) sizes of images, length of text, one long text or several
> smaller?, number and types of headings etc. They don't have to be fixed, we
> can allow for some variantion.
>
> Example:
> One publication title
> Two text, one short newsflash style and a longer article
> Three levels of headings
> 1-2 large pictures with caption
> 2-3 smaller pictures without captions
> optional byline/dateline

Hi Peter,

you're a bit late to the discussion:
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Get_Started_With_Scribus:Contributors

And the content of the document _is_ important. It's quite a difference if you
want to show Scribus' capabilities by creating an aesthetic layout or a set
form, a poster or a magazine.

> /Peter

Christoph