[Scribus] Again: Tutorial

Allen techwriter
Fri Jul 28 05:23:30 CEST 2006

Christoph,

The Underwater Basket Weaving thing is a hoary old joke in the USA aimed
at college classes or majors with no real substance or reason for
existing in a serious institution of learning. That is why I suggested
it. Content not important but less visually boring than "Lorem ipsum
dolor sit..." repeated column after column.

Now a couple of questions about Bogdan CMR example. I opened the PDF and
the type is all fuzzy. Why?

Additionally the margins wouldn't print properly on any printer I am
aware of on the left and bottom because the space between the type and
the edge of the paper is less than the printer's margin. Why does a
sample project not seem to consider the mechanical requirements of
ordinary laser printers? Even offset litho machines would have
difficulties with the gripper on the head. If one were to print this
litho on NCR with a different color of ink for each sheet and the
different header as to who it was for, this would require 4 plates, 4
press runs with makeready, as well as collation and ink color charges,
as opposed to simply using 4 different colored sheets of NCR with a
legend as to who get what on the top that prints on all sheets.

The final question is related to the PDF creation. It appears that it
was created in such a manner that Acrobat can not edit it. What gives?

Best,

Allen