[Scribus] It's what people don't tell you... (WAS: Re: Why do?)

jwminer at accessvt.com jwminer
Thu Jul 27 01:38:55 CEST 2006

Nick wrote:
> With InDesign, there is no where to go to really voice your opinion.
>  There
> are no websites, or mailing list, that will give you the support you
> get
> here.  If you were to find a developer of InDesign, do you think you
> would
> be able to tell them what they are doing wrong???  Probably not.

Adobe has active user-to-user forums where skilled and friendly help
is available for most Adobe products. See
http://www.adobe.com/support/forums/
Adobe also has a Knowledge Base and links to many helpful resources at
http://www.adobe.com/support/

In addition, there are numerous forums and e-mail lists not
affiliated with Adobe that cover Adobe products. See, for example,
http://www.desktoppublishingforum.com , where several InDesign
experts hang out.

The same is true for many high-end commercial products if someone is
willing to search a bit.

This is not to take anything away from Scribus and this excellent
e-mail list and we certainly do have access "to the top," namely,
our developers. But the same type of user-to-user support is
available for many products, both commercial and open source--even
Microsoft products. The user support board for VectorLinux, my
distro, is a gem.
--Judy Miner

Registered Linux User #397786