[Scribus] Mice and Macs

Plinnell mrdocs
Wed Jul 26 16:07:18 CEST 2006

Elaine de Saxe wrote:
> On 25/07/2006, at 7:14 AM, scribus-request at nashi.altmuehlnet.de wrote:
>
>> it's crazy what that lack can do to what we call an easy to use
>> machine
> There are some options: use the Control key and click the mouse for a
> contextual menu OR just buy a (even second-hand) two-button scroll-
> wheel USB mouse and plug and play. I've found the very used Dell
> mouse to be easier on my wrist than the beaut white one which came
> with my G4 iMac. Mine cost me 10 Australian dollars at a Saturday
> computer market.
>
> Elaine in Brisbane, Australia

Which is after 10 minutes of using the single button mouse with the
first Imac I used, I never take the new ones out of the box with a new
Mac. A simple Logitech or MS Wheel mouse works so vastly better. To my
mind it is Apple being different to be different, not better.

I personally recommend anyone using Scribus to have at least a two
button mouse - minumum.

Peter