[Scribus] Text with explanatory images - who has a workflow tip?

avox avox
Wed Jul 26 12:48:51 CEST 2006

Cedric Sagne wrote:

> All,
>
> I deal with a growing document (currently on OpenOffice) which is a
> technical
> manual. The text is strongly related to images (screenshots) describing..
> what happens on the screen.
>
> I am not sure how to manage the growth of this document - especially the
> fact
> that with flowing text frames adding new text upstream will change the
> distribution of text/images all the way down.
> As it is not a static or finished (or even meant to be finished, ever)
> document it
> is not possible to import the text and then insert the images where they
> will go...

Scribus has the capability of inline images; you can cut an image frame,
enter text
edit mode and paste the image into the textframe. You can also paste other
frames
(graphics or even other textfraames).

Unfortunately there are some limitations:
* you can't edit the inlined frame
* if you copy/paste the containing textframe, all inline frames are lost

In the future these limitations will be fixed; and there will probably also
be settings
on how the inline frame is anchored (e.g. for margin notes).

So for the time I would advice you to stick with OpenOffice.

/Andreas