[Scribus] It's what people don't tell you... (WAS: Re: Why do?)

peterd pral
Wed Jul 26 02:50:23 CEST 2006

Pat,

You posted re using document setup guides as frames (text I assume) and
in theory it's a doer ...but only for simple layout stuff likes books
(novels) and maybe (?) software user guides etc.

Because of design requirements by the time one adds headers, subs,
graphics, pull quotes and so on there's no advantage in using this
method. In fact it would be quite slow as the frames would have to be
manipulated a lot.

Using master pages is the way to go (for column guides) then the text
and other frames can be arranged in a coherent manner throughout the
document/spread with regard to design.

Peter