[Scribus] Several reasons why columns will stay per frame in Scribus; was: Why do?

BandiPat magicpage91
Wed Jul 26 02:13:12 CEST 2006

Gregory Pittman wrote:
> BandiPat wrote:
>
>> We'll get into the details later, after I've had time to do a bit of
>> research on some other things.  Simply add an entry to the menu under
>> Insert.  Insert>Columns or Page Columns, however you want to distinguish
>> it to make it clear for new and you old Scribus experts.
>>
> The basic problem with the suggestion is that columns are not inserted.
> They are a feature or modification of a text frame. If you cannot accept
> the concept of frames, your unhappiness will follow you every time you
> return to Scribus, so you either have to accept frames or stop coming back.
>
> Greg

Then put it under a different menu heading Greg, it's not rocket science
you know.  Why is simplicity such a hard idea for most of you to grasp?
I'm baffled as to this type attitude, play by our rules or we'll take
our ball and go home!  Many of you guys seem to think your experience
with such things are over and above any other users and everybody must
be just to stupid to grasp the concept of text frames.  Your thoughts &
ideas couldn't be further from the truth.  You remind me a lot of the
old early typesetter guys and companies.  I remember approaching them
with the idea of electronic typesetting.  They literally ran us out of
the shop!  Now it's the dominant form of typesetting, but you still have
the same old archaic & antiquated ideas about how things should work.
I'm disappointed.

Matthew, MS Publisher?  Man what have you been smoking!  First of all, I
would never use Windows to do anything like this and MS Publisher has
got to be one of the worse DTP programs ever!

Benjamin, you depict exactly what I've been referring to all along.  Quote:

"This is true if you want to get good results, you
need a tremendous amount of knowledge and experience"

Where do you guys come up with this stuff?  Where have you been hiding
out for the last few 10 years?

Pat

--
          ---SuSE Linux v10.1---