[Scribus] Why do?

listen at thomas-zastrow.de listen
Mon Jul 24 16:04:40 CEST 2006

On Monday 24 July 2006 15:27, BandiPat wrote:

> It would be so much simpler for the user, old or new, to be able to go
> to the Insert menu heading and select Columns.  A window opens, ok, how
> many and what gap?  Whamo!  They appear on the page like magic, 2 or 3
> or 4 equal size columns (text frames) spaced correctly on the chosen
> page size.  Now I can link them, adjust their size or remove one to my
> liking!  What could be easier or more intuitive?  While users of Quark
> or anything else are struggling to "draw" them on their page, I'm
> already typing and finishing my page.

Ehm, do you now that there is a function which exactly does what you want ...?
Creating a new doc shows the following dialog:

http://www.thomas-zastrow.de/temp/scribus_screenshot.png

And setting there the number of columns in the automatic text-frame is -
Whamo!

But if you insist of more than one textframe, I think this couldn't be a big
thing to realize with some lines of Python ...

So, there is no need to change the foundational philosophy of Scribus, just to
satisfy you.

Tom