[Scribus] Why do?

Allen techwriter
Mon Jul 24 05:26:21 CEST 2006

Gregory Pittman wrote:

[snip]

> As I look at  main page with the idea of "Where do I start?", it is
> not readily apparent.

Bingo! Even a short example of the steps to a very simple protect would
help.

I found the Wiki informative, but not useful. Meaning, if I knew how to
phrase the question they way the Wiki was written then I could find some
information. I could also stumble on some nuggets of information. But I
was not able to connect the information readily to the problem I thought
I was having. Mind you, I might have been having a very different
problem than what I thought.

What I found most confusing is that supposedly Scribus is frames based,
but I never could figure out the master page schema. In Framemaker the
frames are created in the master templates pages and applied to pages as
needed. A master page is totally blank until you create a frame on it.
You size the frame to create the margins. Scribus seemed more like a WP
in that you seemed to create margins on a document as a whole then place
frames on a page. I probably got it wrong but I've run out of time to
devote to a very low return project for the moment.

Best,

Allen