[Scribus] Announce 1.2.5 Release

avox avox
Tue Jul 18 00:52:26 CEST 2006

Hi John, Allen,

Allen-16 wrote:

> John, I think, and I are sort of between the two worlds so we can see
> both sides to the problem.
>
> Sorry about the length but as a new user of Scribus who is very skilled
> at Framemaker, I find it somewhat disheartening when I see posts like
> some I've seen to John's post.

I'm sorry if my posts sounded too harsh. I didn't intend to insult anybody.
I guess it's just that MrB and I want to avoid any misunderstandings
regarding the switch to CMake. Yes, it's new. But:
* the average user will not see it because they use prebuild packages or
a system like rpm, emerge, apt-install or whatever the distro uses.
* even if they use cmake directly, it's well worth to make the change due
to the benefits of CMake. You want to make a 85 year old build Scribus
with autohell? No way, unless you don't use options and there are no
problems!
Otherwise autohell is, well, hell. It's also a great equlizer, because I
feel just
as helpless as an 85 year old computer newbie when I'm faced with autohell
problems.

I don't think John tried to spread FUD. He just has worries about something
new
and we have very strong feelings that this something is just great. So we
want
to dispel those worries, that's all.

/Andreas