[Scribus] A few questions

Plinnell mrdocs
Mon Jul 17 01:10:52 CEST 2006

On Monday 17 July 2006 00:30, Maciej Hanski wrote:
> Plinnell napisa?(a):
> > On Sunday 16 July 2006 23:08, Maciej Hanski wrote:
> >> 2. PDF Export / PDFX/3 Tab / TrimBox: its tooltip says:
> >> "Distance for bleed from the top of the physical page". Is this
> >> correct, is Trimbox+bleed=physical page? And if my document size
> >> is e.g. A4, how would these settings influence the final page
> >> size?
>
> ---cut---
>
> > The trim box defines the intended dimensions of the finished page
> > after trimming. It may be smaller than the media box, to allow
> > for production-related content such as printing instructions, cut
> > marks, or color bars. The default value is the page's crop box."
>
> Peter, thanks for this explanation. Is there a particular reason,
> this TrimBox is only available in the PDF/X-3 tab, and not for
> other PDF standards? Does only the PDF/X-3 specification include
> these boxes?
>
> cheers
> Maciej

Hi Maciej,

It is a specific requirement of PDF/X-3. Without this defined in the
PDF exported it will fail certification tests.

The bug I referred to was to add support for explicitly adding support
for defining these other 'boxes' within PDF export. Lack of these
boxes is not necessarily a problem as they are assumed based on the
media box setting.

Cheers,

Peter