[Scribus] Question regarding color management

Matthias Schmitt freak002
Fri Jul 14 08:02:00 CEST 2006

Hello,

I am working with Scribus 1.2.3 on Mac OS X and really love this
program. As I am not a DTP expert I have tried to understand the
principles of color management, but I am still confused.

My document looks fine on the monitor. Color Management is activated
using Adobe RGB (1998) for pictures, solid colors and monitor. For the
printer I am using Europe ISO Coated FOGRA27, which I hope is fine for
printing in Europe. Once I active the option "Simulate Printer on the
Screen" all colors shift and look pale.

When I am exporting the PDF, once in RBG and once in CMYK, I can see a
similar color difference between those files on the screen using my PDF
viewer. What kind of file should I forward to the printing company?

Does this color difference indicate, that something is going wrong and
my print will not work?

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Greetings from Luxembourg

Matthias Schmitt