[Scribus] Has any thought been given to using Kross in Scribus

David Goodenough david.goodenough
Tue Jul 11 13:31:00 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 11 July 2006 11:39, Petr Vanek wrote:
> > Kross for those who have not met it is the new scripting framework being
> > put into Kexi and then the rest of KOffice.  It has the merit that is
> > entirely separates the scripting language from the scripted application
> > thus (eventually) allowing support for lots of scripting languages to be
> > added to an app as easily as adding one.  Currently support seems to be
> > for Python and Ruby, with Ecmascript and Java coming soon.
>
> I've read about Kros last weeks. It looks promising but it brings new
> dependency
> for Scribus - kdelibs etc.
> Well, I don't have anything against KDE (I use it) but I think our planned
> Boost
> interface should be better to maintain. Of course I can change my oppinion
> depending new informations.
>
> petr
Maybe the lower levels of the two could be merged, so that the core which
is the scripting language interface bit of Kross could be separated from
whatever dependancies it has on KDE and used within Boost.

David