[Scribus] Download for Ubuntu

John Jason Jordan johnxj
Mon Jul 10 05:25:49 CEST 2006

On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 04:55:46 +0200
email.listen at googlemail.com dijo:

> 1) So you did:
> sudo rm -r /usr/share/example-content
>
> 2) Or did you:
> sudo rm -r /etc/skel/Examples

> So if you only deleted the link a:
> sudo ln -s /usr/share/example-content /etc/skel/Examples
>
> respectively:
> ln -s /usr/share/example-content /home/yourusername/Examples
>
> should give back the content again.

Unfortunately, I must have deleted the files and the links. Neither
command worked.

> But don't worry you can have it back by reinstallation of example-content in
> synaptic if you really deleted the files.

Ah! Sure enough, there it is in Synaptic. But it shows as already
installed. I did a reinstall, but it didn't seem to reinstall the
folder/links. I also did a complete remove and then an install, but
still nothing. Strange.

> > Was the file the whole book?

> No, only:
> Select Chapters
> And not to forget the book makes some money for Ubuntu people, at least for
> the authors (who are active motu's).

OK, I'll wait until the real book comes out and then check out the
content to see if it is useful to me. If so, I'll happily give Ubuntu a
few shekels for it. You're right. They deserve to make a few bucks off
of me, considering how much they have done for me.