[Scribus] Translating Scribus on Ubuntu -- nothing but noise

Maciej Hanski ma_han2000
Fri Jul 7 18:52:20 CEST 2006

Sergio Cambra napisa?(a):
> Christoph Sch?fer escribi?:
>>> I've looked more into it, there is indeed some translation activity
>>> going on for scribus 1.2.4.1.dfsg-1ubuntu4:
>>>
>>> https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/dapper/+source/scribus/+translations
>>>
>>> Owner:
>>> Rosetta Administrators
>>> Created: 2006-03-20
>>> Domain: Scribus
>>>
>>> This is really funny and needs to be clarified with Rosetta administrators.
>> Yes, indeed. This needs clarification, because if something went/goes wrong,
>> it's not the Rosetta translators who will be blamed. Not that it's illegal to
>> modify translations, but it's certainly illegal to modify them without
>> labelling the translation as modified and without mentioning the people who
>> modified the files. Last, it's a matter of courtesy, to notify the
>> translation teams about any changes.
>
> And I have seen they are doing spanish translation when in cvs I have it
> near updated, so they're not using the official translation.

Sergio, it seems they've been only translating missing strings for the
scribus 1.2.4.1.dfsg-1ubuntu4 package, so their work will be overwritten
 with our translations on the next Scribus release.

But it's a pity anyway that they waste their time, obviously not knowing
 about our translation workflow. So far, they've only translated some
strings in 5 languages (Bengali, Bulgarian, Serbian, Spanish, Swedish).
Other languages are assigned to some "official" translators, but there
is no visible activity. It would make much more sense, if those people
could be  integrated into our workflow.

Anyway:
http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=3990

cheers