[Scribus] Export to image, font maximum

Frank Cox melville.theatre
Sun Jul 2 22:27:22 CEST 2006

Two separate questions:

Is there any way to get a "good" image output from Scribus to post on a web
page?

I post my flyer online every month here:
http://theatre.sasktelwebsite.net/playing.htm

As you can see, the graphics look fine but the text doesn't.  I have tried
different ways to get this to work, including directly exporting a png from
scribus, exporting to a PDF and using Gimp to get a PDF out of that, exporting
to a postscript file, and so on.  Depending on the method I use, the quality of
the text output varies from poor to very poor.  As you can see, the image is
readable and definitely better than nothing, but it's certainly not great.

I have considered the idea of taking a screenshot of the Scribus screen and
editing that, but then all of the various boxes would show.  And the print
preview screen is too small for the purpose.

Second question:  I'm pretty sure this has been asked before, but I can't find
the answer.  What is the practical or reasonable limit to the number of fonts
that you can have available to Scribus without taking a performance hit?

--
MELVILLE THEATRE ~ Melville Sask ~ http://theatre.sasktelwebsite.net