[Scribus] 1.2.4.1 Crashed Editing Paragraph Style

PLinnell mrdocs
Tue Jan 31 23:48:03 CET 2006

On Tuesday 31 January 2006 23:35, Christoph Sch?fer wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> Am Dienstag, 31. Januar 2006 23:03 schrieb Rich Shepard:
> >    Don't know if this is the proper place to report this, but
> > here goes.
> >
> >    I had the story editor open and was trying to figure out by
> > trial-and-error how to configure a hanging paragraph; that is,
> > one where the first line is at the left margin and all subsequent
> > lines are indented one tab's worth.
>
> Quite easy: Create a new paragraph style. In the style editor set
> the size of the left indentation as you need it. That's all you
> need to do since Scribus does autmatically set a negative value for
> the first line (you can change this value, of course). Apply the
> style in SE or the properties palette. Et voil?: your hanging
> paragraph.
>
> >    After futzing with this unsuccessfully for a bit I made
> > another change and went to save it. Scribus sat there thinking
> > about it for a while, then gave up the ghost and shut down.
>
> If you can reproduce this behaviour, you should file a bug report.
>
> > Even though I had saved the style (from
> > within the story editor Edit -> Styles) it was not there when I
> > picked up the application and started it running again.
>
> Did you save the document before the crash?
>
> > Rich
>
> Cheers,
>
> Christoph

Also, you can enable autosave in Tools > Preferences in 1.2.x.

There should be a file with the same name in the same directory as
your scribus file with .emergency extension.

Depending on your distro or if you compiled Scribus yourself, you can
enable debug builds which then can be run with a debugger if it is a
repeatable bug.

Peter