[Scribus] 1.2.4.1 Crashed Editing Paragraph Style

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Tue Jan 31 23:35:00 CET 2006

Hi Richard,

Am Dienstag, 31. Januar 2006 23:03 schrieb Rich Shepard:
>    Don't know if this is the proper place to report this, but here goes.
>
>    I had the story editor open and was trying to figure out by
> trial-and-error how to configure a hanging paragraph; that is, one where
> the first line is at the left margin and all subsequent lines are indented
> one tab's worth.

Quite easy: Create a new paragraph style. In the style editor set the size of
the left indentation as you need it. That's all you need to do since Scribus
does autmatically set a negative value for the first line (you can change
this value, of course). Apply the style in SE or the properties palette. Et
voil?: your hanging paragraph.

>    After futzing with this unsuccessfully for a bit I made another change
> and went to save it. Scribus sat there thinking about it for a while, then
> gave up the ghost and shut down.

If you can reproduce this behaviour, you should file a bug report.

> Even though I had saved the style (from
> within the story editor Edit -> Styles) it was not there when I picked up
> the application and started it running again.

Did you save the document before the crash?

> Rich

Cheers,

Christoph