[Scribus] Status of Indic language support in Scribus

Gora Mohanty gora_mohanty
Tue Jan 31 16:31:00 CET 2006

Hello,
  Can someone tell me what is the timeline for supporting Indic
scripts in Scribus? Scribus seems like an excellent product, and
Indian language DTP would be a key entry area for Free/Open Source
software adoption in India.
  I just checked out Scribus 1.3.2, and the status of support seems
to be pretty much where it was from over a year ago. i.e., base
characters in some Indian languages seem to be OK, but conjuncts do
not work. Google searches turn up documents claiming that the support
was to have been added in 1.3.0. So, what is up? How can we help
out in adding the support?

Regards,
Gora