[Scribus] How to uniformly scale images

Julian Robbins julian.robbins
Tue Jan 31 14:04:30 CET 2006

> On Tuesday 31 January 2006 10:00, Benjamin Green wrote:

>>> It has the same function in most window managers too, moving the current
>>> window. I have only found jwm that doesn't do this by default. I use KDE
>>> generally and have set the move window key to the "windows key" leaving
>>> alt free for the function used in other programs. These include Cinelerra,
>>> Inkscape, The GIMP and now Scribus. I am always suprised that the
>>> developers of these programs don't seem to have noticed the problem.
>>

>We notice the issue, but as you say, every keyboard layout has its quirks.
>Alt+click and drag moves the window
>Click+Alt and drag will resize proportionally.
>
>Unfortunately there are just not enough universal and unused modifier keys on
>a standard keyboard.
>
>Craig

Thanks to all the responses regarding resizing image frames.

The only thing I would add, is that although Scribus is targetted as a
Professional level DTP tool, it would still be handy to have some kind
of tooltip, or mention of how to scale the images uniformly in a status
bar area, just like Inkscape do. Inkscape provide this extra info along
with most of the functions in their lower status bar. The info changes
accordingly to the tool used. I've been using Scribus since vers 0.5 and
I'd never cottoned on to how to scale images proportionately. Sometimes
making these extra little bits of info available dynamically makes a big
difference to the real usability of an application.

Julian