[Scribus] Possibilities for markup / "soft formatting" / Character Styles

Craig Bradney cbradney
Tue Jan 31 11:50:03 CET 2006

On Tuesday 31 January 2006 11:32, Tobias Hilbricht wrote:
> Dear readers of this list,
>
> in writing documentations you often have typographical conventions such as
> "Program names all italic".
> While it is possible in Scribus to change all headings for example at once
> by editing the corresponding paragraph style I have not found a way to
> change words or groups of words within paragraphs efficiently (something
> like the Character Styles in InDesign or Markup in LaTeX).
> So if you started with all program names italic and later get the
> instruction "All program names not italic but any other style" then the
> lack of possibilities for "soft formatting" or markup of words or groups of
> words within paragraphs in Scribus means  a lot of work.
> Is a solution for this problem on the Scribus roadmap, or does it already
> exist with me just not seeing it?
>
> Yours sincerely
>
> Tobias Hilbricht

Scribus 1.3.x will get Character styles, with inheritance. Right now, a new
style manager dialog is being worked on, and with the new text system, will
come character styles.

Craig