[Scribus] Libertine Open Fonts releases LinuxLibertine 2.0

Maciej Hanski ma_han2000
Mon Jan 30 09:50:22 CET 2006

Christoph Sch?fer napisa?(a):
> Hi all,
>
> the Linux Open Font Project has released v. 2.0 of the LinuxLibertine TrueType
> font. According to their website, regular and italics are tested and ready
> for professional print.

Just for the record: this font seems not to be ready for professional
printing for Polish users (and it surely has to be checked first for
other CE languages). According to my inquiry to pl.comp.dtp, there are
several problems with wrongly shaped Polish diacritic signs (e.g.
"ogonek"), missing pair kerning for Polish glyphs, bad hinting,
incorrectg glyph names (e.g. Zdot instead of Zdotaccent), wrong Unicode
codes for many glyphs...

http://groups.google.pl/group/pl.comp.dtp/browse_thread/thread/5c95e5c4ea7fb466/a309ffe1b02f628c?lnk=st&q=scribus&rnum=6&hl=pl#a309ffe1b02f628c

cheers
Maciej