[Scribus] Importing html

John R. Culleton john
Fri Jan 27 23:35:32 CET 2006

On Thursday 26 January 2006 09:42 pm, Riku Leino wrote:
> John R. Culleton wrote:
> > I note that the documentaion says htat html can be imported into
> > Scribus. I have a fresh 1.3.2 install. I don't see a way to import
> > html. Am I missing a necessary plugin or whatever?
>
> That's a Get text plugin which means that you can import texts from a html
> document into a text frame by right clicking on a text frame and selecting
> Get text and browsing to your html document. Importer is far from perfect
> and is only good for getting texts into a frame. It does preserve some
> formatting but will lose most of it. If some predefined formatting is
> wanted and it doesn't have to be HTML i'd recommed text filters which will
> provide much cleaner results.

Aha! It is all in knowing how. I missed the intermediate step:
Import>get text>html
and the text frame. I am trying to create a paper file or manual
from the Scribus help html files. I am a bit surprised that someone
hasn't made a pdf version of the documentation before this, but maybe I
will make the first such.

Like a lot of old fogies, sometimes I like to go off in the
corner with a cup of coffee and the manual. Man does not live by screen
displays alone.

--
John Culleton