[Scribus] Importing html

Riku Leino tsoots
Fri Jan 27 03:42:37 CET 2006

John R. Culleton wrote:
> I note that the documentaion says htat html can be imported into
> Scribus. I have a fresh 1.3.2 install. I don't see a way to import
> html. Am I missing a necessary plugin or whatever?
That's a Get text plugin which means that you can import texts from a html
document into a text frame by right clicking on a text frame and selecting
Get text and browsing to your html document. Importer is far from perfect and
is only good for getting texts into a frame. It does preserve some formatting
but will lose most of it. If some predefined formatting is wanted and it
doesn't have to be HTML i'd recommed text filters which will provide much
cleaner results.