[Scribus] Automatically adding pictures to library

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Fri Jan 27 00:02:00 CET 2006

Riku Leino wrote:
> Timo Springmann wrote:
>
>> I wonder if I have
>> to add one image at a time or if there's a possibility to add all images of
>> a directory at once?
>>
> It should be possible to add all the images from a directory with a script. I
> can remember someone posting such a script to the mailing list while back.

Attached is my scribalbuma4.py script, which loads all images from a
directory (ie, you can't choose particular images, but you can choose
particular format(s)) and makes a new Scribus document on A4. As
written, it lays them out in two rows of four, for eight images per
page. You can modify the placement as you see fit. Depending on your
system's resources, it will choke when you have eaten up RAM and swap,
but on mine, it takes hundreds to do that; Scribus uses your memory
pretty liberally.

An alternative to what you're suggesting you want would be to make a
template of some sort, perhaps of just the images, and save that.

Greg