[Scribus] Time to defend your use of libPDF

Lars Behrens Lars.Behrens
Thu Jan 26 09:34:50 CET 2006

on Thursday 26 January 2006 00:24 Craig Bradney wrote:

> > I am not sure if this has something in common but for me Scribus
> > always was screwing mm dimensions...
>
> Maybe 1.2.x. 1.3.x should not be. I set the pages up with the ISO
> definition, and I centralised all the units conversion into one
> place. You will always get rounding errors at some point given the
> factors are not nice ratios, but you shouldnt really be with page
> sizes thats for sure.

Hmm, here (1.3.2 on Slackware 10.2), when I click on "File" > "New" and
just accept the preselected A4, the dimensions in the greyed out field
show 209.903 mm and 297.039 mm. When I change the size in the dropdown
list to something else and then back to A4, then the correct dimensions
of 210.000 mm and 297 mmm are set.

And really: There is a slight difference when I export the two versions:
The first one is shown as 209.9 x 297 in Acrobat Reader and the other
one as 210 x 297. Don't know whether that is within the rounding
tolerance and I even don't know how (or with which method) to measure
the whole thing correctly at all.

Also, I don't want to be nitpicking, just wanted to inform you about the
fact.

Cheerz Lars