[Scribus] Announce: Scribus 1.3.2 - Egalité - Open Source Page Layout

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Thu Jan 26 03:04:08 CET 2006

Am Donnerstag, 26. Januar 2006 02:56 schrieb BandiPat:
> russbucket wrote:
> > On Monday 23 January 2006 02:29, PLinnell wrote:
> >> snip
> >> The Scribus Team Announces 1.3.2 - Egalit?
> >>

> >> Getting Scribus 1.3.2:
> >>
> >> You can:
> >>
> >> * Download source tarballs and document templates and some rpms from
> >> our Sourceforge Download page:
> >> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=125235
> >>
> >> * Visit the downloads page on www.scribus.org.uk for the same.
> >>
> >> * Download from our Scribus Docs mirror. http://docs.scribus.net
> >
> > When Looked on the website(yesterday) I did not see an RPM for SuSE10.0.
> > is the 9.3 the closest or will there be one soon for 10.0.
> >
> > The products great and getting better with each release.
>
> ==========
>
> Since it's a released version, SuSE should have an update soon in their
> supplementary mirrors.  Just give them a few days to build it for you
> and you should be able to get it via YaST2, Smart or YUM!
>
> Patrick

Don't think so. Since 1.3.2 is not an official stable release, SuSE/Novell
will not provide any rpms for 1.3x. But that's no problem at all. Everything
necessary to compile 1.3.2 is shipped with SuSE 10 (if you are using OpenSuSE
or the evaluation version, you will have to get the CUPS-devel package for
CUPS support from somewhere else). Compiling Scribus under SuSE is a breeze,
so a source tarball should be sufficient.

Cheers,

Christoph