[Scribus] Tutorial reference

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Thu Jan 26 02:03:40 CET 2006

Craig Bradney wrote:

>On Thursday 26 January 2006 00:49, Benjamin Green wrote:
>

>>I got posting via the LTSP discussion list about Scribus, there where some
>>
>>comments listed. The last one intrigued me:
>>

>>>3. The tutorial was inappropriate for primary school. The example
>>>graphics were photos of sexual stone carvings (like kama sutra)!
>>>Otherwise didn't hear to many complaints.
>>>

>>What tutorial is this and is there one with less sex?
>>

>Its a totally appropriate tutorial with an Indian theme, but yes, it does use
>an image that you probably dont wish to use in a primary school. However,
>given the fact that you can change the file, its not really an issue.
>
>You may view an html version here:
>http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&page=tutorials/freedomyug/scribustutorial
>
>I cant honestly say that cover page is too bad considering most natural
>history museums and various fountains around having about the same level of
>nudity.

And it's nothing compared to what appears on prime time TV even in the US.
At any rate, this and most other tutorials on Scribus should probably be
considered a "teacher's resource" anyway which the teacher then takes
concepts from and then goes from that. One would hope that the teacher
could make one or more finished products and use those as the teaching aids.

Many schools in the US have websites to which the children, even primary
school children, help design or submit information, such as newsletters.
High Schools have yearbooks that at least some senior class students
help design. When you look at some of them, you wish that they had been
exposed to some concepts of layout and design in their earlier years.

Greg