Re: [Scribus] Announce: Scribus 1.3.2 - Egalité - Open Source Page Layout

John Jordan johnxj
Mon Jan 23 14:32:27 CET 2006

Terrific news!

I have a Windows 2000 desktop and a Linux Ubuntu-64 Breezy
laptop. A couple questions:

1) I note from the website for the Windows version it says Windows
2000, Service Pack 4. Mine is Service Pack 2. I have tried and tried
to install Service Pack 4, but it fails. I have repeatedly asked why
in Microsoft newsgroups and no one has ever replied. Evidently this
is not supposed to happen. :)

So does this mean I will not be able to try out the Windows version?

2) On my Ubuntu-64 Breezy laptop I have 1.2.2.1. That is all that is
listed in Synaptic. Recently I installed chroot, but Synaptic32 still
lists only 1.2.2.1.

Do I need to add another repository for it to show 1.3.2?