[Scribus] Crash and export problems.

Mark Nowiasz buckaroo
Wed Jan 18 15:09:00 CET 2006

Am Dienstag, den 17.01.2006, 22:55 -0500 schrieb Gregory Pittman:

> And fourthly, but not leastly, time and time again, someone complains
> about the lack of a feature in 1.2.x, and the answer is, "you really
> should move up to 1.3.x, since that feature was added there long ago and
> is working well."

There's a snag, though - right now scribus 1.3.x doesn't compile very
well on FreeBSD:

      * configure doesn't recognize lcms and libtiff (well, it's
        possible to create some symlinks to fix this problem)
      * configure thinks that I'm running qt 4 - when in fact I've
        installed qt 3.3.5

Well, both problems are possible to fix, but I'd prefer a clean FreeBSD
port - and to be honest I'm rather reluctant to use a version marked as
unstable for real work - this is a psychological reason, but
nevertheless I'm a little bit afraid to encounter a bug just before
deadline.

Regards,
Mark
--
OCEAN, n. :
A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man --