[Scribus] Print problem in version 1.2.4-1

PLinnell mrdocs
Wed Jan 18 02:09:54 CET 2006

On Wednesday 18 January 2006 01:14, russbucket wrote:
> On Saturday 14 January 2006 12:41, Craig Ringer wrote:
> >snip
> >
> > russbucket wrote:
> > > The error_log doesn't show much. Just this:
> > >         E [10/Jan/2006:16:12:22 -0800] PID 7024 stopped with
> > > status 0!
>
> I posted an error_log to the bug report yesterday (00030190 but
> when I try to log in today and do an update. It tells me my id is
> blocked or password is wrong. Do you know who admins the Mantis
> site for Scribus. I reinstalled the old version 1.2.3 today and it
> is also getting an abort. In looking at a new log today I noticed
> two error comments. I want to post this log but cannt. One says
> error:/rangecheck and the other ESP SHostscript 8.15.0:
> unrecoverable error, exit code 1.
> PID stopped with status 1;
>
> My grostscript is version 8.15rc1 that came with SuSE10.0, should I
> upgrade it to the new 8.5 and try again?
> Thanks for your help so far.

I would not recommend attempting to upgrade the Suse included
Ghostscript.

You can install a parallel version for use with the Scribus EPS/PS
importer and print preview, but the Ghostscript which is shipped with
Suse and most distros for that matter is heavily patched to support
more printers.

Peter