[Scribus] Acrobat Reader 7: "Wrong Operand"-Error

PLinnell mrdocs
Tue Jan 17 01:47:21 CET 2006

On Sunday 15 January 2006 23:34, Krischan Keitsch wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> I'm experiancing a "Wrong Operand"-Error while tring to open a
> Scribus pdf-File (Acrobat 4, 5 or x-3: it dosen't matter!) with
> Acroread 7. It puzzles me that Kpdf and Preview (MacOSX) open the
> file just fine and acroread 7 is so picky about it.
>
> I searched the list archives but found no hint concerning this. Any
> hint or help is highly aprechiated!
>
> Thank you in advance
>
> Krischan
>
> System:
> OpenSuse 10, Linux x86_64, Scribus 1.2.2.1

Hi,

Almost 3 hours of digging and I found the cause was:

Gif images used, where SVG or native tools in Scribus should have been
used. Gifs have no place in page layout in my opinion.

A couple of images had somehow strayed off the canvas. 1.3.2cvs
handles this a lot more smartly.

I have replied to Krischan off list with the details.

Peter