[Scribus] Images in resulting pdf

KS lists04
Mon Jan 16 21:51:11 CET 2006

Craig Bradney wrote:
> On Monday 16 January 2006 17:46, [KS] wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>I have created the pdf of the brochure I'm working on. The are several
>>images in the brochure and they look very nice when viewed as images.
>>However, after the conversion to pdf (JPEG compression of Max quality at
>>original dpi of imgages) there is a lot of black level in the images. It
>>is as if the image was scanned by a bad scanner unable to distinguish
>>slight differences in the levels.
>>
>>Is there anything I can change to get a better quality output?
>>Thanks,
>>/kds
>>
>>PS: The original images were png graphics.
>

> What are you viewing the PDF in? Acro Reader 7.x including 7.05 (AFAIK) has a
> transparency colour issue showing things quite strangely. Try KPDF or Acro
> Reader 5.05. Try also Auto compression and max quality (the default), with
> resampling turned off.
>
> Craig

apt-cache policy acroread
acroread:
  Installed: 7.0.1-0.2
  Candidate: 7.0.1-0.2
  Version table:
 *** 7.0.1-0.2 0
        500 http://ftp.nerim.net sid/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

I tried auto compression too, and it gives me the pdf which has the same
byte size as I get with JPEG and Max quality. I haven't done any
resampling yet. Don't have kpdf (KDE not installed) but will try in xpdf
and see if there is any difference.

Thanks,
/kds